Monday, July 5, 2010

Hello from Utah....

Good evening campers.

brrrr I am in chilly Glendale, UT about 1/2 hour from Zion National Park and an about an hour away from Bryce Canyon National Park.

I have had to put on a sweatshirt and socks and shoes this evening. The first time for a sweatshirt since I left Oakland. The chill is chill. Feels good. Especially after the morning weatherman in Phoenix this morning said: "It will not be hot" pause, "as it could be today". Okay. It was only going to be 102 degrees in Phoenix today. Last week before I arrived it was over 110 degrees for a couple of days. It barely reached 100 degrees on the 4th so that was nice - but it is a dry 110 degrees. :) Just keep turning ever 15 minutes and baste with the melted fat from the bottom of the pan.

I left late, as usual, from Phoenix so I did not bet too many stops today and I was not able to get to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon - another time perhaps.

Tomorrow is Zion and Bryce Canyon and then Wednesday is Coral Reef and maybe Cedar Breaks if time permits.

Hard to imagine that the trip is almost over. I will be home in Oakland just in time for the riots. Keep your ears and eyes glued to the news over the next couple of days as a verdict in the case where a transit police office shot and killed someone instead of pulling his tazer he pulled his gun. I think there will be trouble in Oakland no matter what the verdict. People will want to make noise and cause problems just because.

Have a safe and sane week. I will be working on doing some postings this week as the Internet seems to have a good signal as I am next to the office. I may have to go buy gloves though if it stays this cool at night. :)

thanks for coming along on the journey, you have made it a much richer experience for me.

Michael

1 comment:

  1. I was looking forward to tales from the North Rim. Are you sure you didn't pack gloves. You did after all take the kitchen sink.

    ReplyDelete